Good clean fun - murder mystery party games for conservative guests
While none of the murder mystery party games are explicitly violent or contain swearing, quite a few of them have references to drugs and include a wide range of frankly dubious characters who might be blackmailing each other or having affairs.
Plus the games inevitably have a murder - sometimes more than one! (Or in other words, there’s nothing that you wouldn’t expect to find in a typical episode of Inspector Morse.)
Murder mystery games are ideal for most open-minded people with a sense of humour - however some people are more conservative than others. Luckily, some games are more suitable for those types of groups and don't have references to drugs and have fewer shady characters.
Good clean fun games
The following games are ideal for more conservative groups as they are generally "cleaner" than some of the other games. (Of course, I can't guarantee that someone won't find something in one of the games offensive - these games include murder after all. You know your guests and must use your own judgement.)
- A Killer Reunion - takes everyone back to a time when Elvis was King and hula-hoops were all the rage. Class of '57 is for 10 or 12-32 people.
- The Final Curtain - Disaster strikes the Littledean Theatre Company in 1926. For 7 to 14 people.
- Hollywood Lies - set in Tinseltown. Freeform Games have produced a kids' version of Hollywood Lies. It's the same game, with some of the sordid elements removed. For 16 to 22 guests, plus a host.
- Murder at the Four Deuces - Mobsters and the Roaring Twenties for 10 or 12-20 people. (Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games have produced an "NC15" version.)
- Murder at the Four Deuces 2 - set five years after Murder at the Four Deuces, this sequel features many of the same characters and is set on New Year's Eve and is for 12 to 20 teens and adults.
- Way out West - set in Cactus Gulch in America's Wild West. Freeform Games have produced a kid's version of Way out West - which is the same as the adult version but with some of the racier elements removed. For 10-24 guests, plus the host.